Foster care recovery coach academy of america
a division of river jordan inc.
foster care Peer recovery coach Training
- Must have High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Certification
- Have experience receiving Foster Care services as a youth and have received behavioral or mental health services while in the child welfare system
- Provide three (3) written references by non-family members (1 preferred to be from a child welfare professional)
- 500 word essay including foster care experience and why you wish to become a Foster Care Peer Recovery Coach
- Criminal record clear of any criminal sexual conduct in both childhood and adulthood
- A River Jordan representative will contact you by email within 14 business days of application submission
- The email will state approval or denial.
- If approved, email will come with an attached invitation to apply to the Foster Care Peer Recovery Coach Training.
- There will be a direct link to the application along with any further instructions also attached
- If denied, applicant will receive documentation detailing reasons individual is ineligible
- The applying Alumni is to complete the written application and online questionnaire
- Within 14 business days, a FCRCAA Trainer of Trainers will contact applicant to schedule a phone interview
- The FCRCAA Trainer of Trainers and a Foster Care Peer Recovery Coach will conduct the phone interview
- Supporting documents supplied by the applicant will be discussed in addition to any pertinent criteria
- The Trainer and Coach conduct a peer-to-peer interview to determine eligibility based on criteria outlined in the Foster Care Alumni Academy of Michigan Manual
- Final determination is provided to FCRCAA